For the growth of an economy, logistics and infrastructure play a very vital role. Logistics as a sector has also undergone massive transformation over the past decade, especially with the introduction of e-commerce. Logistics is no longer restricted to B2B and has been effectively catering to the B2C segment for the last few years. With the increasing focus on brand building, intense competition, and open global markets has led to the rising awareness about the significance of PR and communications for logistics and SCM companies.
Under the present scenario, there are only a handful of logistic companies who have actually invested in PR. While others are still shying away, these companies have actually been able to move ahead of their competitors and have made a mark for themselves in the industry.
Anindita Gupta, Co-Founder of Scenic Communication lists 5 reasons why logistic companies must invest in PR:
- Build Visibility among stake holders: As the demand for logistics and specialised supply chain marketing grows, the number of companies in this sector is also going up. To stay ahead of peers and competitors, and to ensure that there is the top of mind recall among stakeholders, companies must depend upon PR to build a strong narrative that can help create better visibility and awareness about their products and services.
- Highlight specialization: Logistics is an umbrella term that includes a whole arena of services under it. It becomes difficult for companies to stand out from their competitors and effectively communicate their offerings to the consumer. This is where PR can be effectively utilised. Brands can not only spread awareness about their offerings but can also create a leadership positioning for select specialisations like Customised warehousing for Pharmaceuticals and F&B, to cold supply chain logistics, 3PL or 4Pl service providers.
- Build Thought leadership: For any brand to be on the top it is very essential for them to have an expertise in the field they are operating in and it is equally important to make the consumer and stakeholders aware of the particular expertise. The most effective and efficient way is to have a PR agency which will help to position the brand as a thought leader and subject matter expert in the particular sector. The role of a PR person just does not stop at creating effective communication content for the brand but most of the times they are responsible for profiling and building thought leadership for the brand spokesperson as well.
- Build Credibility: The biggest USP of PR is that it helps brands to build credibility among stakeholders, compared to advertising or other marketing channels and tools. Building trust and credibility is paramount for any brand to drive sales and sustain long term growth. Through relevant and effective narratives across various industry related news stories, opinion articles, and participation in industry events, brands can leverage PR to create multi-platform engagement. This also helps in attracting international partners and potential vendors and clients.
- Attract talent: With enhanced development and transformation in the operations and management of Logistics, there has been a marked decline in the availability of skilled resources. Changing technology and use of AI, IoT and development of modern temperature controlled supply chain, it has become important to have resources that are job ready and trained to be efficient in the new environment. Effective PR can help build aspirational value for the brand and thus attract the best in talent, for the company.
In line with the above mentioned pointers, it is reasonable to say that PR has become one of the most indispensable tools of Logistics sector and being a field that is growing at a rapid pace, companies cannot afford to ignore it. Even as new innovations continue to disrupt the consumer and B2B markets, more and more companies are seeking expert communication partners who can help them create and share positive brand communications that reflects their key philosophy, corporate growth, goals, and value offerings.
More from Featured
Individuals and influencers from over 28 countries and 70 organisations unite to build a global community of LGBT+ Allies
In a first of its kind initiative, corporates, academia and individuals from across the world have signed up to further advocate …
Hong Kong-based Chilli International has launched for the first time in India, Killer 100 Blue Ray disinfection machine. A light …
Priority Bags, from the house of High Spirits Commercial Ventures Pvt. Ltd. has launched a line of a 6-Layer Filtration facemask …