Gone are the days where students were memorizing concepts by reading things written by teachers in the classroom board. Nowadays, teachers are using videos and mobile apps to offer engaging and informative learnings.
Schools of the modern generation are rapidly adapting to the usage of tech in the classroom. Although many parents have a misconception that usage of technology by children will hamper their learning capability, it’s not 100% true. Kids are smart, and they are able to grasp things much faster and process the information quicker than learning from traditional methods of teaching. This means schools should adopt to technology and give informative content for students to engage them thoughtfully in the classrooms.
This doesn’t mean the relevance of teacher will become obsolete in the coming days. Teachers will play an important role in the usage of these tech and content creation of these apps. The teacher will be the bridge which connects the digital world and the human interface. Although digital medium can teach everything, there are some things like social aspects, moral of students, emotional development of the kid etc. which technology cannot teach. Also, due to an increase in the amount of content created in the digital world, it will become difficult for students to identify the right content to consume.
Advantages of Digital Education
- Digital education can help in reach and accessibility of the content broader and easier.
- Teaching content is available 24×7, and it can be accessed from any part of the world. This allows students to self-learn and learns based on their availability.
- Uniform content can be created in digital education which ensures that there is uniformity in the knowledge of content consumers. In traditional education, few schools may have better teachers, and few may not, which creates a difference in students’ skillset.
- Digital education also makes education affordable as it reduces the cost of infrastructure, resources, etc.
- Teachers can give assignments to students based on their level and skill of learnings. And, teachers can keep a check on students’ progress over a period of time.
- Students to have a gamified environment where they can see the progress they are making and know how much more progress they have to make.
- Students will also have a wide range of content, books, and information available which lets them choose the subjects based on their interest.
- Teachers will be able to differentiate students from different groups based on their learnings, skills, progress etc. and offer them a better environment to learn.
Change in teacher’s life
The modern tools have redefined the role of teachers in the classroom. There used to be a time where there is a significant knowledge gap between the teacher and the student. But with the reach of technology, this gap is narrowing down. Since the knowledge gap is reducing, modern teachers need to keep up the game to ensure that they do not become obsolete.
Teachers need to reinvent themselves and their teaching techniques by embracing technology and constantly evolving to remain ahead in the knowledge curve. They will need to work along with students for converting these digital content into knowledge. Digital education might not be able to help students apply these digital concepts in real-life situations and help them in creating a healthy learning environment. The human element would always remain the primary driver for teaching values, critical thinking, and preaching life skills.
The classroom offers grouping which forms the foundation of the working model of social media. The social element which school offers is often overlooked. Teachers are the pillars behind these grouping and social behaviour of schools.
No matter how much digital education grows, teachers will still remain the fundamental and central system of the education system. But, teachers can’t miss out adopting to these modern technologies, as students’ demands teachers to use them.
The traditional education system evolved from the gurukul system followed centuries ahead, wherein the information flowed from teacher to student. However, digital education is more like a democracy where the knowledge is the central system consumed and transferred on both ends. They are more about engaging students with the right information than preaching them. Digital education also emphasis on transparency, efficiency and accountability. Traditional education has its own advantages, but it was that one size which fits all model, and there is personalization or customization option.
Digitization will help teachers to deliver better the content they were delivering in the traditional education system. Digital learning and digital classroom also allows students to choose the subjects based on their interest, and need. It will keep students engaged and also help both teachers and students to monitor their progress.
Since students have already ready to move and adopt digital education, classrooms and teachers have no choice than doing the same.
More from All
In the recent past, product marketing has moved from focusing on product to the portfolio, which gives importance to product, …