Startup Name: GrowthFalcons
Domain: B2B Growth Marketing
Founders: Girish Pai and Vidya Nayak
GrowthFalcons is India’s first AI-powered 360 degree B2B Growth Marketing company that helps technology-based funded startups to grow rapidly & sustainably in India & abroad through its best in class Product, Marketing & Sales processes complemented by its own A.I tools.
GrowthFalcons 360-degree Growth Approaches & Key achievements:
- Product Hack: Get Early Traction
- Achieve Product-Market fit using Design Thinking & Lean Startup principles. Drive early traction for your product in new markets.
- Helped many funded startups achieve product-market fit in new sectors & countries.
- Marketing Hack: Grow Your Product
- Helped funded startups generate up to 10x growth in quality leads at 1/10th of their Cost per Lead
- Rapid experimentation across marketing funnel to identify low cost & high impact channels using Pirate Metrics (AAARRR) for driving quality leads faster at optimal costs (Lower Cost Per Lead).
- Sales Hack: Boost Your Sales
- Sales Hack Program (Outsourced sales team with unique Sales process) has helped startups penetrate markets abroad (SSEA, Africa, MENA) at 1/5th of their actual sales costs
- Proven Sales processes & Sales Hacks to drive higher sales conversions at optimal costs. Maximize ROI at the bottom of the funnel (Lower Your Customer Acquisition Costs)
If you are a B2B company, you might be having a very lean Sales & Marketing team and facing issues like longer sales cycles, poor ROI, high cost of acquisitions & higher costs of sales to penetrate abroad markets. GrowthFalcons are specialized in solving these problems and help accelerate not only your growth but also reduce your Cost Per Lead (CPL) and Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC) by a huge margin. They also offer Growth Boosters for companies who want to try some of our hacks before getting onto a long term engagement.
GrowthFalcons was started by two serial entrepreneurs (Girish Pai and Vidya Nayak), who are certified digital marketers & data scientists with 30+ years of diverse experience across Business Development, Growth Marketing & Product Development in various industries like Retail (E-commerce), IT, Telecom, EdTech & Fintech.
GrowthFalcons have three business verticals :
- Growth & AI Consulting :
- Growth Marketing
- Design unique lead generation strategies
- Help achieve product market fit
- Design unique sales process & strategies to close more sales faster & better
- AI Consulting
- Enable start-ups leverage AI technologies to build a platform of future
- Growth Marketing
- Growth & AI Services :
- Growth Marketing:
- Design & Execute Growth campaigns for faster leads generation at lower cost per lead
- Execute campaigns to drive sales abroad
- AI services
- Help start-ups build & launch A.I. platforms
- Growth Marketing:
- Growth & AI Products :
- Growth hacking tools , Social AI tools
- Full-fledged AI Marketing Tool (To be launched soon – Q2, 2020)
Girish Pai – Founder & CEO
Girish Pai is the founder & CEO of GrowthFalcons. He did his post-graduation from Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode (IIM-Kozhikode) and is a certified digital marketing expert with specialization in SEO (Search Engine Optimization), Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) & Content Marketing. Has over 17+ years of demanding industry experience as a Growth Marketer, Global Business Development Head & Product Manager across diverse industries like IT, Telecom, E-commerce & Fintech.
Girish spearheaded winning many multi-million dollar projects while working at MNCs like Tech-Mahindra & Bharti (Airtel) and quit his job to follow his passion in A.I & Growth Marketing.
He co-founded Combyn (a hyperlocal grocery delivery platform) in the year 2015, which served 100+ customers in different areas of Bangalore (India) every month. The experience gleaned from this startup helped him to add significant value to other e-commerce projects under Growthfalcons.
Girish’s only mission & passion is to help startups succeed in their endeavours by providing top-notch Growth Marketing services & products.
Girish has consulted fortune 500 companies & startups across India, Europe, Africa, Australia, Singapore, & US across industries like Fintech, Ed-Tech, Retail, AI Technology, E-commerce, UX, Test automation, Co-working businesses & Leading startup media companies.
Girish was also instrumental in helping 100s of brick & mortar stores (offline stores) build their presence online and market their business locally via digital channels with a click of a button.
Girish also provides Growth Consultation & conducts Growth Marketing workshops covering growth hacks across SEO, Local SEO, Google Ads, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Conference hacks & many unique creative approaches to achieve your goals faster.
Vidya Nayak – Co-Founder & CTO
Vidya is the co-founder & CTO of GrowthFalcons, and she is a data scientist with a post-graduation from International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore (IIIT-B). She has over 13 years of extensive industry experience in Product Development & Quality Assurance in the IT industry. She has worked with MNCs like IBM & ABOF (Aditya Birla Online Fashion) before starting her venture.
Vidya helps startups (B2B & B2C) build AI modules (Voice & NLP based) to increase engagement & sales. She also focuses on developing in-house growth hacking & AI tools that help to
- Enhance brand mentions by over 20X and increase followers by 3X (Social Media AI Tool)
- Build Scrapers that leverage the power of cutting-edge technology that gathers prospective leads contact information from millions of web pages within the shortest time
- Create a user persona and identify the most active channel to pitch
- Build Conversations from Content using Voice AI & NLP
- Build Voice-based AI solutions for E-commerce to enhance sales
Vidya also co-founded Combyn (a hyper-local grocery delivery platform) in the year 2015. She was instrumental in developing a seamless e-commerce portal handling 800 products. She was awarded high honours by Ronnie Screwala for being the top student in the Entrepreneurship program conducted by Upgrad in 2016.
Vidya was instrumental in
- Enabling SSEA (South & South East Asia) customers build a product that helps onboard 1000s of brick & motor stores on Google (via Google My Business, Google Merchant Centre) and drive local awareness, generate leads via Ads at a click of a button
- Enabling European customers to build AI-based voice bots that can be integrated into any website at a click of the button allowing any business to leverage Online2Offline opportunities with Hands-Free Voice Control.
The Cofounder and crew had a discussion with Girish and here is the summary of the discussion.
What is the biggest challenge you faced as an entrepreneur while establishing your startup? How did you overcome it?
There were few challenges like Establishing credibility and Building a new team. We had passion, intent & knowledge, but have no customer references – it was difficult to convince any B2B customer, and a get big project.
In fact, we did our first project for FREE by applying all our growth strategies, we built a good case study and started applying Growth strategies to reach out to different prospects who would be interested in our service. These are few of the learnings which helped me to crack the deal.,
- Understand the customer offerings, speak their language
- Identify the gaps in their present marketing strategies by offering a FREE Audit
- Confidently Showcase your expertise – In line with gaps share unique recommendations/approaches in brief that could be applied to drive leads faster with zero costs [Giving a small taste of growth experiments that we run & the impact they can create]
- Speak from the perspective of achieving ROI
- Know the customer
- Visit their LinkedIn profile, follow them, Understand their expertise
- Learn if you have a common connection [who could be used as an influencer]
What is the biggest learning so far in your entrepreneurial journey?
Keep optimizing, keep experimenting & deliver incremental value every month to your customers, and you will be retained for a very long time. Be transparent with your customers, bring on a positive debate if needed, and don’t be a yes man.
Who is your mentor/role model? What’s the best lesson you learnt from them?
At a personal level, my father, Mr Vishnu Pai, is my mentor – he taught me to “Always give over & beyond 100% in anything you do.”
At the professional level, I admire Mr Neil Patel from whom I learned to “Always start with a goal in mind. Never stop experimenting and optimizing your campaigns.”. And, Mr Zunder Lekshmanan from whom I learned, “A good leader is a good listener first and a good speaker later.”
What are your future plans with your startup?
Our plans are,
- To be accredited as one of the most innovative Growth Marketing company in the next 5 years (by Forbes or equivalent Top business magazine)
- To be the first unicorn 360-degree Growth Marketing company
- Products vertical: New vertical adding value to customers
- We are planning to launch the MVP of our unique Voice AI-based Growth marketing product [SaaS solution – More details coming soon] by Q2’2020
Have you raised any external funding?
We have been cash-flow positive from day one, as we offer niche services; hence, we didn’t look at raising funds. We want to continue in the same manner until we reach an MVP stage for our AI-based SaaS marketing product.
Who are your competitors?
Any companies that offer Growth Marketing services/consultation are our competitors.
How are you planning to outpace your competitors?
By leveraging our homegrown AI tools to generate the high number of quality leads at much lower (up to 1/5th) cost per lead. We are looking for sales partners across the world to help our customers penetrate across geography at 1/5th of the cost. We are also planning to build micro tools to automate growth processes.
What’s your tip for newbie entrepreneur?
Don’t drive your business with revenue as the only goal, keep your customers goal in mind and deliver value (ROI). Your customers will stay with you forever & the revenue growth will automatically follow.
A snippet of GrowthFalcon’s journey
- The company started in Jan’2017
- Started targeting early-stage startups (B2B & B2C), especially for SEO projects. Started with a brand Hitbyseo and majorly focused on driving organic traffic for customers using innovative approaches. Found a hack to achieve SEO results within a month.
- Realized there was a gap in the industry and we decided to select a niche – B2B funded startups
- Started working with Series A & above-funded companies in Edtech, Fintech, UX etc. Their unique growth marketing approaches applied across the marketing funnel & product development by leveraging homegrown growth & AI tools helped their customers achieve up to 10x growth in quality leads at 1/10th of their costs per lead
- Started helping customers to penetrate abroad across SSEA, MENA & AFRICA regions
- In Nov’2018, rebranded as GrowthFalcons – Growth – Falcons (Fastest animal on earth) meaning helping customers grow faster with innovative growth marketing approaches.
- Built sales partners across the world, helping startups to not only generate quality leads but also drive sales across the world. Helped startups & enterprises across India, Africa, Singapore, Australia, US & Europe with their unique 360-degree growth marketing approaches.
- Consulted fortune 500 companies & startups in AI, Ed-tech, Fintech, IT/Telecom, E-commerce, UX, Test automation, Co-working businesses, Leading startup media company & many more sectors across India, Europe, Africa, Australia, Singapore, & US.
More from Marketing
In the recent past, product marketing has moved from focusing on product to the portfolio, which gives importance to product, …